SO WHAT’S A LITERARY STREET TEAM?
A street team is a group of volunteers who band together to promote an author’s book. Members of a street team are enthusiastic readers, motivated by their appreciation for an author’s work, and promote it to as many people as possible. Established and debut authors and booksellers large and small are recruiting LITERARY STREET TEAMS to spread the word about an author’s newest release to help jumpstart the BUZZ!
BIT OF TRIVIA? Street teams originated on the music scene before the digital age. Fans promoted musicians through word of mouth, demo tapes and handouts and were rewarded with concert tickets, backstage access and groupie status. Today, this same concept is used to promote authors and their books.
SO WHAT DOES A STREET TEAM TEAM DO?
Members of a LITERARY STREET TEAM voluntarily promote a book by any one or more of the following means, such as:
- requesting a FREE Advance Reader Copy of The Amulet, and writing an honest review
- handing out the author’s print materials such as bookmarks and brochures
- promoting the author’s book signing events on her/his own social media networks
- assisting at the author’s book signing event in his/her local area in person
- posting reviews and book recommendations at online bookseller sites
- requesting her/his local area library and bookstores to bring in the author’s book(s)
- recommending the author’s book(s) by word of mouth
SO WHAT DOES A STREET TEAM MEMBER GET?
- A FREE author-signed copy of The Amulet
- Special discounts and valuable offers for street team members only
- Insider status – knowledge about everything newsworthy
SO HOW DO YOU JOIN?
Fans Photo by: Anthony DELANOIX